As we finish up 2014 and look ahead at all that 2015 has to bring, we have to pause to say a huge, heartfelt THANK YOU to all our lovely customers, clients, friends & family. This past year has been filled with so many amazing moments for the store and our wonderful team:
- We welcomed babies (we love you Hazel & Ella!) & new team members (hi, Demri!).
- We had the great fortune of celebrating so many engagements and love stories with our incredible clients (and crafting their save the dates, invitations and announcements to boot!). Heck, we even celebrated my engagement this year!
- We had our custom work featured in several magazines - both regional and national - and on many well-read blogs.
- We celebrated 5 years (!!!!) in business. Holy. Cow.
- We brought on new, super-talented vendors whose goods we are so honored to sell in the store and we have deepened connections with those people we've been working with for years as well.
- Through it all, we continue to have the best, best, best (try and challenge on this one, we dare you) customers and clients we could ever dream to have. For reals. You guys rock our socks off. Thank you.
All in all, we had a lot to be thankful for this year. So, while we look back with fondness on 2014, we are also looking forward to 2015 in a big way. We have several big, exciting things in the works for 2015 and can't wait to show you what's in store (both literally and figuratively).
To kick things off in the New Year, we'll be CLOSED for a few days (Monday, January 4th-Thursday, January 8th) for a fabulous store makeover! We've been working with our friends and the design geniuses known as Alice + Bird Interiors to give Gus & Ruby a little face lift; don't worry though - we will still have the same vibe, same gals & pups and same products you have come to know and love, just in a sparkly fresh store design. While we hate having our doors closed ever, we hope you will all love the fresh new look we'll unveil when we re-open on Friday, January 9th at 10am.
Thank you, again, for your continued support of our little shop. We adore each and every one of you and look forward to serving you even better in 2015.
We'll be closing at 4pm today and will be closed tomorrow to spend time with our friends and families. Have a safe, joyous and fun New Year's Eve!
Sam, Whit and the Gus & Ruby team
(Photo above of our favorite holiday card this year from Swiss Cottage Designs)