Tuesday, February 12, 2013

We are opening a print studio!

We have BIG news, friends. Like REALLY BIG news! Last week Sam and I signed a lease on a space at the Dover Mills to house our new print studio! As most of you know I have been commuting to Wolfeboro 2-3 times a week for the last 3.5 years to use my dad's press and shop to do all of our letterpress printing. It was the perfect situation for us as we started our business and while I've thoroughly enjoyed printing alongside my dad and visiting with my family each week, it has been a stressful schedule for me to uphold. Since I am the only one who prints and I have only been printing 2-3 days a week we aren't able to turn jobs around as quickly as we'd like nor are we able to take on a large number of projects at once. With new employees and 3.5 successful years under our belts we are now ready to take this next step!

My dad's Chandler & Price letterpress will remain in his print shop so we've purchased 2 identical presses that are coming from Michigan. We have been very busy bees over the last 6 weeks as we've scoped out studio space, visited antique presses, shopped for a paper cutter and sketched and imagined the layout of our new space. We are super excited to join so many amazing companies at the Washington Street Mills including fellow wedding vendors, The White Apron, Rivermill and Wild Orchid Baking Company! While I will still be involved with all of the day to day activity at the Portsmouth store I will be spending most of my days designing and printing from our studio in Dover.

Thank you so much for your continued support! We promise to have an open house sometime this summer so you can get the grand tour and see some printing in action. Stay tuned for more updates but in the meantime take a peek at some photos of our new space and equipment!


This is the view from the door. Those lines on the floor were freestanding cubicles which we tore down. We will turn this space into the design area:

This is from the other end of the space looking at the design area and entryway:

This is looking at the area where the presses will go. That is my darling husband on the ladder painting trim. Super excited about this natural light:

This is one of our new old presses coming from Michigan! Needs to be dusted and wiped down with some WD40 but should be good to go:

 And here is a photo of our paper cutter:

8 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! Congratulations! Would love to come to the open house this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very excited for you and Sam! I can't wait to see it all come together! Many congratulations! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. super super excited for you ladies!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay yay yay!!! So excited for you – I hope I get to see the new studio (um, and the store) in person someday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations! What a great space! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and welcome to the mill!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an amazing space for printing! a huge congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where in Michigan did you find the beautiful presses?! I'm from MI and am trying to get into letterpress quickly.

    Congrats on all your success!!

    ReplyDelete