Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Please meet Samantha!



Or "Smash" as she's known to most of her friends and family! We are SO excited to introduce you to Smash, the newest member of the Gus & Ruby family, who joined our team in late June as a graphic designer. She has been a busy little bee working alongside me on some beautiful invitation designs and some pretty cool branding projects. She is super creative, a craft wizard and so much fun to have around. We could not be happier to have her on our team and look forward to sharing examples of the projects she's been working on in the near future.


So, with no further ado, meet Smash (in her own words):


I grew up in the beautiful coastal town of Stonington, Connecticut where I not only developed a lifelong love of the ocean, but also mastered the art of crafting by age 12. I attended Philadelphia University to study graphic design and realized my passion for typography and handmade projects. I doodled, embroidered, typed, knit and baked my way through four years in the city of brotherly love. During my final months at school, in the middle of the craziness involved in creating a portfolio, I happened upon the Oh So Beautiful Paper blog, which led me to the fabulous ladies at Gus & Ruby Letterpress. About a minute and a half after landing on their website I knew it was fate. No question in my mind—I had to work there. It didn’t matter that I was in Pennsylvania, or that they were in New Hampshire, or that my only memory of Portsmouth was stopping by on the way to Maine 10 years earlier. All that mattered was that I had this gut feeling. Sooo… during my spring break I came up for a lil visit, and that’s when I really knew! My bags were packed and ready to go before I even walked across the stage at graduation. The rest, as they say, is history! The brilliant ladies of Gus & Ruby do amazing things and I could not be more proud to be a part of the team. They are tremendously talented, passionate, hilarious, and always inspiring. If you’ve so much as stepped into the store you know what I’m talking about. Moving to Portsmouth to join the Gus & Ruby family was the best thing I’ve ever done, and I could not be more excited for what’s to come!
xoxo
Smash


{Top left photo courtesy of Emilie Inc.}

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty cool chick to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have known this 'child" since birth and could not be more proud of her acomplishments. She is the real thing and we wish her much happines and success in all she sets out to achieve,.
    xoxoxo
    Rick, Barb and Calie

    ReplyDelete