Monday, May 7, 2012

Please meet Laura!


Happy Monday, paper hounds! Today, I have a very important introduction to make: I am so super happy to introduce Laura, our newest addition to the Gus & Ruby gang!! Laura is joining us as a Wedding Invitation Consultant and will be delighting brides and grooms and party-planning-people with her exceptional creativity, eye for detail and project management skills. She's a blast and a half, uber talented and knows just how to translate a client's vision into paper reality. We know you will love her; we do! 

So, with no further ado, please meet Laura (in her own words):

Born and raised on a small family apple farm in New Hampshire, I fell in love with all the natural beauty and small town feel New England had to offer. Little did I know I would be spending over ten years away from my home: After graduating with my BS in Psychology with a Minor in Religious Studies from St. Lawrence University in upstate New York (Hi, Canada!), I headed out west to join the cowboys and bison in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. If you ever want to feel like you’re a tiny little ant in this world, visit the Teton National Park - it’s the most beautiful and awe-inspiring place I’ve ever been. After a stint out west working on a ranch (and picking up the most adorable black lab pup named Lilly), I hopped a plane to Jersey where I spent the next seven years working in publishing, learning the proper way to say words like “capicola” and “prosciutto,” falling in love with NYC, and making a life with my adorable boyfriend (now husband).  Realizing my heart had really never left New England, I began my quest to move up north, setting my sights on the lovely little town of Portsmouth. I stumbled upon Gus & Ruby Letterpress and instantly loved everything they were about: Good and happy design, supporting local artisans, loving pups and loving life.  I promised myself that I would one day work amongst those crazy talented gals. A couple years later, they had some openings and I had my chance! It’s been such a whirlwind moving to my dream town and having the chance to work at my dream company. I’m fairly convinced if the world ever falls apart, the Gus & Ruby gals can put it back together, one beautiful piece of paper tied with bakers twine at a time. I still can’t believe this is my life and that each day I get to come into Gus & Ruby and leave inspired by all the amazing work this team creates. I can’t wait to soak up all the pretty and add some flair to amazing projects in the future. Until then, I plan on spoiling the gals with some homemade goodies from my farm, smelling the salt air on my way to work, and diving into my new life on the seacoast. 

xo, 
Laura  

(Photo courtesy of Amanda Perkins Photography)

5 comments:

  1. SO excited!!!! We love Laura, and love having just one more (out of a million) reason to visit Gus & Ruby on every trip through town! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Laura, you have landed a dream job. Spoken from another 'Stationista', I fell in love with Gus & Ruby's store and everything in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura sounds absolutely perfect for the shop! Can't wait to meet her (and Lilly, of course). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYYYY!!! welcome to the team! loved reading about your journey to Gus + Ruby (with a side of Lilly?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, love you already, Laura. It's evident from this little write-up that you are a perfect fit for the G&R gals. So happy y'all found each other and look forward to spending time with you soon. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete