Thursday, November 19, 2009

Holiday Must-Have!

Dear beloved readers,

We just received our first shipment of what is perhaps now my favorite item in the store: Sea Bags! Holy hamsters are these bags awesome. Made in Portland, ME (woot! woot! keepin' it local!), the Sea Bags company was started by two inspirational ladies, Hannah and Beth, seen above, who have a penchant for fabulous fashion and taking care of the earth (duh!).

These durable, hip and high-quality bags are made form recycled sail-cloth. The company writes "Every bag we make has sailed around the world before it even leaves our shop, and we like that." Well, Sea Bags, I like that, too. I like it a whole heck of a lot!

I like that each of the bags is cut, sewn and assembled by hand. I like that they have that no-fuss-no-muss look and feel of durable nautical gear. I like how much they can hold and how well they hold up. And I just love how they look.

They've been heralded by everyone from Martha Stewart to Oprah and have been written up in loads of magazines like Vogue, Real Simple, Vanity Fair, Shape and Allure - to name a few. These totes are hot, hot, HOT!


We're so super excited to be the exclusive retailer of Sea Bags in Portsmouth, NH. The bags are already being scooped up quickly - they are perfect holiday gifts for a special friend or as a treat for yourself. Come see for yourself!

(All photos courtesy of Sea Bags)

1 comment:

  1. I just realized long lost Lynn works at Sea Bags thanks to your post! I haven't seen her in years! Yeah Sea Bags, Gus + Ruby, and Blogs for connecting people :) LYNN get in touch :) Meg Simone

    ReplyDelete