Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Musings

Happy snowy-y Tuesday! I'm really feeling the holiday cheer today and hope you all are, too! I can't get enough of the cozy, joyful spirit that's been floating around town all month. We're so fortunate to have such amazing customers, clients, friends and families and have truly enjoyed our first holiday season here in our new space.

Today, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite holiday traditions and goodies:
Homemade Goodies:
Eggnog
Ok - well my mother is the one who makes this. But it is dangerously delicious. And pretty good for you, I think. Right? Right? Hello? Ok maybe not, but it is good. Photo above and great recipe from The District Domestic.


Marshmallows
I've been making these mallows for the past few years and I love everything about them: the texture, the soft flavor, the many possibilities of display and variation. Yum-bo-tron. One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is to take an afternoon, make myself a cup of tea, put some holiday music on and spend the afternoon whipping up goodies for my family and friends. Nothing beats holiday baking and confection-making and with this snow on the ground (finally!) I'm feeling the urge more than ever! The beautiful photos above are from the fabulous 2 Stews blog; check it out for all sorts of kitchen inspiration and a wonderful 'mallow recipe.

And speaking of holiday music. I can't get enough of these albums:

Noel by Josh Groban (no need to explain this one, right? amazing.)


Glee: The Christmas Album (new to the line-up this year but oh-so-good)

Merry Christmas by Mariah Carey (total classic)


Just the other night, I had my annual viewing (well, there are usually multiple viewings of this one...) of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Nothing brings me holiday cheer like Uncle Eddie.

A few other holiday movies I always watch this time of year:






Finally, one of my absolutely favorite holiday activities is gift wrapping. I just love taking time to make each gift feel special and look beautiful. Check out the amazing wrap featured on Style Me Pretty today. LOVE love love.



OK - enough of my holiday musings. Hope you're all out enjoying the season. Merry wishes and joyful dreams all around!


1 comment:

  1. What nice ideas, Sam! I'm so glad you enjoyed my marshmallow post. They are so fun to make....and eat!!

    Mother Nature has finally cooperated and given us snow for the holiday mood.

    Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete