Friday, June 12, 2009

Finger Lickin' Friday

(Photo Courtesy of: Lovin' From the Oven)

You should all know this about me: I love s'mores. I love the word. I love each ingredient individually. I love the sounds and smells associated with making s'mores. I love the idea of cooking things on a stick. I love the skill involved in perfectly toasting a marshmallow. And, mostly, I love cramming gooey, crunchy, melty, delicious treats into my mouth.

But, alas, I live in downtown Portsmouth, NH in a teeny, tiny apartment with an electric stove and no outdoor space at all. So - while I go camping when I can - bonfires are not readily available to me and 'mallows toasted over the electric ring just don't have the same taste.

For this reason and because baking is my favorite way to unwind, I am going to be making these little gems this evening. I'm headed to a BBQ tomorrow evening - fingers crossed that a third of the pan remain intact for me to bring to the festivities. No promises, though. I mean, a girl has to eat (a whole pan of cookie bars herself), right?

Happy weekend, friends!

PS - Up next: Gus & Ruby notecards and a sneak peek at Whitney's to-die-for wedding invites!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for leaving me a birthday wish ham. so am i showing the invites or no? what a nightmare! literally. this is a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete