Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wild, wild (Wood) horses.

(Photo Courtesy of Ann Wood)

We heart Ann Wood. Her birds are fall-off-your-chair adorbs and we've been big fans for quite some time now. So, when I spotted these AMAZING stampeding horses on Design*Sponge, I was jazzed to find that they were another genius work of the lovely Ann Wood.

(Photo Courtesy of Ann Wood)

Get this - it's a DIY project, too! Hooray! I'm hearing the distant thunder of a thousand tiny hooves galloping across our studio wall. Watch out Whit - there's a good chance the pony express is on its way.

A little background info: I'm a total horse girl. And we're talking total, here. I rode my entire childhood, teen years and through college (hunter/jumpers! holler!) and have only taken a brief hiatus of late due to my zany, wacky schedule. I'll be back in the saddle before long, though. Once a horse person, always a horse person.

(Photo Courtesy of Ann Wood)

On a non-horse-related note, I am also lusting after this sweet little boat. I can see it sailing around a nursery; can't you?

3 comments:

  1. I, on the other hand, strongly dislike horse girls with their long, braided hair... manure-smelly clothes... I have no idea how Sam and I became friends. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well give her a break, Sam DID get a hair cut, but...i'll bet she has horse shaped earrings in her jewelry box, and a horse shoe shaped necklace, along with a limited edition hard cover copy of "Black Beauty" on the bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, you're a horse person? No way!

    ReplyDelete