Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I heart little Amelia

I know I say this all the time, but we absolutely L O V E designing (and printing:) birth announcements. The lovely Christina, a fabulous designer herself, came to us last September because she didn't want to deal with the pressure/stress/time-investment involved in designing for herself, or in this case, her soon-to-be baby girl. I completely understood where she was coming from after all of the designing that went into my wedding invitations and was jazzed to get working on designs for her and hubby, Andrew. We played off a couple of fabrics she had picked out for the nursery (sorry I don't have swatches to share) and a color palette of warm yellow and light aqua. After just a couple of rounds of proofs we settled on a super sweet design that incorporated a whimsical, hand-drawn pattern and my handwriting for the name.

I think my favorite part of the whole suite was the flat social note card we designed so that Amelia could send thank you notes (via mommy & daddy, obv.) for all of her new-arrival gifts. You're never too young to have personal stationery!


Ummm... I just had to share a few pictures of the beautiful Amelia. She is literally the cutest and coolest (see last picture) baby girl I have ever seen.


{Announcement photos by Brea McDonald Photography. Photos of Amelia by her super talented mommy, Christina Wnek}

No comments:

Post a Comment