Wednesday, October 19, 2011

crumby, rainy afternoon...

It's on days like these that I wish I had a big cozy sofa to nuzzle into, with a hot cup of tea and a yummy candle burning :) Don't you?

The only problem is...

Our candle selection here at Gus & Ruby Letterpress is impossibly wonderful. And I mean - IMPOSSIBLY!!! wonderful. I was just saying yesterday how I wanted to rub my face in one of the candles?! What?! Is that normal? Or are the delicious and perfect floral and holiday scents seriously impeding my senses?

Regardless - I don't care. Because it smells deeeeee-licious here at the shop, and I want to share some of the love - with
Y.
O.
U.

All of our candles right now are made in the United States, hand-poured and 100% soy. They burn clean, all the way down to the absolute most-bottomest part of the jar :)

You are all familiar with our Aquiesse candles, which we'll be carrying in great new stocking stuffer sizes this year!


Luxe Linen and Pink Peony are our every-day best-sellers, but Monterey Pine is so popular that last year we literally couldn't keep it on the shelves. The beautiful boxes they come in still knock my socks off. And for those of you looking for a great hostess gift for your Grammy or best friend who's hosting turkey day this year: see Cinnamon Tabac. They'll love you (more than they already do) for it!



A recent addition to our every-day gift offerings here at Gus & Ruby are the crisp and clean designs and scents from Sydney Hale Company. Many of you have already snatched these oober awesome candles up. I love the sleek design and the fact that these could easily be given as gifts to that guy in your life who you never know what to buy for (because those boys always need a little extra hand in the get-my-place-to-smell-fresh department).




Oh, and did I mention they have a candle called Cocoa & Espresso... and it smells like you're baking fresh, delicious, decadent chocolate chunk cookies... from scratch.... in your own oven... seconds after it's lit. Right - you want this candle now, don't you :)

For those of you trying to diet before the holidays. My sincerest apologies. This candle will not help you fix your cravings for delicious homemade cookies. Maybe you should try the Grapefruit & Orange?

Just a thought...

And because I'm feeling extra generous, I'll let you know that we also have our holiday Paddywax scents in! In both small, ceramic jars and diffusers these home scents are really wonderful. How they manage to get the smell of Snow right is beyond me... but this is the candle I was trying to stick my face in yesterday. So I'll warn you, shop with caution when you find these goodies.


Don't even try to tell me your closet couldn't use a little something special and fresh this winter. These diffusers are just the trick! And what pitch-perfect packaging!!


Anyone wanna' come over and snuggle up with me?!
xo Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment